The WORKBENCH part 3

Not all - but a good portion thereof! :slight_smile:
e.g. RAK5205 example in car from Dordrecht to TTN HQ to Groningen through Wednesday :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you use to create such a nice map?

MyDevices, Cayenne dashboard… 5205 auto decodes/populates under device type Cayenne LPP within TTN/Cayenne integration… :slight_smile:

Leaving Groningen today for next stage of trip you see the impact of lower density network with far fewer captured points east out of The Netherlands and up into northern Germany. Still well picked up by Groningen, Oldenberg, Bremen & Hamburg communities!

You can never have too many gateways! :wink:

vs

Still I thought I would get picked up more than I did…:thinking: probably going too fast! :blush:

yep, or you’ll need an outdoor antenna with magnetic feet

Closer details for Hamburg:

…if any TTN Hamburg folk are watching of course…

2 Likes

07%20PM

x1552
x1553

and just for illustration :wink:

x1554

1 Like

This is my map, with antenna on my dashboard with TTGO-T-beam
map%20auto

And my trip to Texel 2 weeks ago…
LoraWan%2024-8-2019%202

2 Likes

with antenna on your dashboard … wow ! very sensitive or good propagation that day

The trip to texel (TTN mapper map) was with a plane (just for the fun)… The other trip (Cayenne map) in a car. Both with TTGO-t-beam

Map car trip in TTNmapper:
map%20auto2

aha… that’s cheating :rofl:

2 Likes

I see in the docs that for Cayenne mapper to work you need custom payload. How does that intergrate with ttnmapper?

Finally made a simple interface board to hook up 1-3 Lion batteries on the workbench to a 3.3V Pololu stepup/stepdown voltage regulator board. It has multiple 3.3V output connectors/solder point and can power one or more Lora dev projects. Much easier and more reliable than wiring the VR again and again on a project breadboard :slight_smile:

Gerber files at:

panorama

2 Likes

handy :+1:

1 Like

Look @Jeff-UK … even more discount !! :innocent:

43%20PM

x15589

• update … works :wink:

x1556
moment of truth … shutup

… and since then? no more posts? gulp! :open_mouth:

1 Like

“Boom!”…& I dont mean drop the mic! :wink:

:bomb::boom:

2 Likes

FYI the return leg…sadly large gaps were where tracker power had to be turned off for a time (no @Borroz, wasnt testing a GPS Jammer! :rofl:) … …and yes got caught in the usual Antwerp Friday evening Ring Road Black Hole - at least gave time for a few data points! :slight_smile: …ditto the A43/A42 and associated roadworks/remodelling in Germany… and still think I may have being going too fast on parts of the Autobahns/Motorways for good signal coherence! :wink:

1 Like