How to setup a gateway correctly, so it connects to TTN?

I am as new to LoRaWAN as I can get, no knowledge at the moment.
Have searched the forum and web, but is not sure where to start.

Anyone that can help me with where to start solving this issue?

I have bought a Lorix One gateway, and connected it to my network.
It receives an IP address from my router and I have via webGUI set it up as a LoRa Basic Station.

LoRaWAN Network Server is enabled, and have inserted the gateway key provided from TTN when registering a gateway.
Have tried with port 8887, 1700 and 80, but don’t know what port to use.
Secured TLS connections is not enabled (could not find a certificate)

From the log I get:

19.8.2020, 20:12:12 2020-08-19 18:12:12.086 [TCE:INFO] INFOS reconnect backoff 60s (retry 38)

19.8.2020, 20:12:12|2020-08-19 18:12:12.086 [TCE:ERRO] TC connect failed - URI: ws://ttn-account-…

19.8.2020, 20:12:12|2020-08-19 18:12:12.086 [AIO:ERRO] [-1] WS connect failed: NET - Failed to get an IP address for the given hostname||

At the TTN website I have registered a new gateway with the following info:

Gateway ID: eui-fcc23dfffe20df8a
Description: Lorix One Unneberg Sandefjord Norway
Owner: Teza
Frequency Plan: Europe868MHz
Router ttn-router-eu

The first thing I did was to check the “I’m using the legacy packet forwarder” box
Then added the mac address as the Gateway ID.

You may want to start again from the top:

https://iot.wifx.net/docs/lorix-os/latest/user-s-guide

When you get to the LoRaWAN section, more specifically how to setup for TTN, the green box is talking about a FUTURE version of TTN - for now, follow the setup that doesn’t involve you turning on Basic Station and you should be inserting the gateway ID from the Lorix One, not entering anything from the TTN website in to the Lorix One.

Follow what Nick has suggested but one note of caution - do not simply delete the existing GW as the (MAC Based) EUI can not be used again unless you can configure with a new one…

2 Likes

@descartes Thank you for the link, it helped me.
@Jeff-UK I noticed that issue from the forum, so nothing will be deleted, just edited.

I feel that I am a big step closer now, as there is now activity in the log:

LOG.txt (17.0 KB)

I now need to google the clues from the log, and to find out what I am still missing.
The control keep stopping, and restarting so I have still missed something.

Found what I missed.

I used the adress “eu.thethings.network” instead of “router.eu.thethings.network”.

So after editing the json file and the serveradress was correct, it is connective.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes