Webhook to specific port

I am trying to migrate an application to V3.

on V2 uplink data was forwarded to a specific port on our development server and processed by an application written in nodejs.

So I set up a webhook to http://.org:9090 and enabled uplink data.

I see confirmation in the console that forwarding is occurring but do not see the traffic at the receiving end.

2 questions:

• is it ok on V3 to forward to a specific port?
  • what would happen the receiving server blocked it?

I ask the second question because, since the application was last used, upgrades on the server may have affected the firewall there.

Yes

Nothing - web hooks are cute, but there’s no service delivery guarantee - the TTS CE server shouts it out across the internet and does nothing with the response, if any. I find it very reliable as the whole HTTP / Web thing is well developed after decades of use, but the TTS end has no way of knowing if the message was received.

OK Thanks for that @Nick.
I’ve ruled out a firewall issue by posting curl messages from another server:port
So I’m stuck for any explanation for the app not seeing any uplink traffic.
Is there an example application (pref in nodejs) or an example payload that I can send to help me see what’s happening?
Regards.

OK. I managed to get a dump from TagIO using another webhook.
dump of packet from TagoIO.txt (3.1 KB)
The format of one uplink packet is so different that my application can’t parse it.
So I thought of writing a replacement and looked at the documentation here Data Formats | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN
My attached sample has more in it than the doc shows.
It’s also overkill.
Is there a handler on V3 that would give us a much simpler JSON message with just
timestamp, device id and payload?
Regards.

Why would a dump from TagoIO that clearly reformats & adds some extra bits be the same as a web hook direct from TTS?

No

This may help:

Yes, that certainly helps. However, I was hoping that V2 to V3 migration would not force a rewrite of our entire nodejs application. I deduce that the V2 integration with nodejs has been deprecated and not replaced.
(https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/applications/nodejs/quick-start/ still online)
Regards.