V3 node will not connect after power cycling or loading new sketch

I have a TTN V2 Arduino with a Dragino Lora shield working for the past year. It is now connecting to my TTIG gateway that I migrated to V3 last week.

I have a new Arduino/Dragino pair that I have added to a TTN V3 application. Same gateway. The Arduino/Dragino pair works well when I first create it. It connects. I can read the payload. The webhooks integration works.

If I edit the note’s sketch or reboot it, only the gateway continues to show live data from the node. The live data in the application ceases. This node uses ABP, MAC V1.0.2, PHY V1.0. I am using the MCCI LoRaWAN LMIC Library.

Can anyone help me determine why the console does not show live data for the node after a reboot?

You are using ABP. If your node resets its frame counter for any reason, you need to enable “Resets Frame Counters”, in the console device settings under General Settings > Network Layer > Advanced MAC Settings. Otherwise packets will be ignored until the frame counter exceeds any previous maximum count.

Another option is to keep the frame counter in non-volatile memory so that it never resets.

Or even better if your device very rarely restarts, say for a battery change, use OTAA.

1 Like

Thank you. I will work with the “Resets Frame Counters”.

I have been unable to find an Arduino sketch for the combination of OTAA and the Dragino shield. Do you have any ideas where I’d look?

Thank you. That worked. I will use this approach to migrate my V2 node and hope to find an OTAA sketch.

What sketch are you using for ABP using MCCI LoRaWAN LMIC Library?
I’m receiving data on the gateway but my end device it shows a ‘unknown’ status.
i’m in a US_915 region btw.

A lot of what I learned and the sketch I used are here: #117 DIY LoRa Node with Arduino and Dragino Shield connected to TTN LoRaWAN - YouTube

Thanks!