Understanding the Console

Can you point me at a good tutorial or guide to understand what traffic is my gateway getting?

I installed three gateways for peruse in sensor installation by a brand which has the applications hosted on their TTN account. So the payloads are not being formatted on my console. I wish to learn more on decoding the payload and understanding what is the console displaying

Thanks

The traffic at gateway level is encrypted and can’t be decoded without access to the (secret) keys at application level.

1 Like

@kersing Thanks for your reply - I can understand that the payloads would be encrypted. But is there any guide to understand what the console is doing so to better understand?

It’s showing the messages going in & out the gateway - which may seem a bit obvious - but that really means you need to learn LoRaWAN 101 so you understand what those messages are.

Apart from that, there is a link bottom right of every single console page to the documentation for any operational issues.

Top right of every page of the forum when you scroll to the top there is a Learn link.

1 Like

Yes messages in and out - of which I can’t tell which are mine sensors - or which are from the neighbourhood.

Thanks for pointing me to LoRaWAN 101 I’ll gladly revisit that.

But I am lost what are the errors

Transmit Downlink Message Failure - Value of 7
Why are Join requests