TTS global_conf - registering the 869.525MHz channel?

Hello,

I have a quick question related to the registration of channels on a LoRaWAN gateway in the EU 868MHz band.

Using The Things Stack, when I download the global_conf.json for my registered gateway, it is in a format basically just like this:

So the registered 125kHz channels are:

867.1 MHz
867.3 MHz
867.5 MHz
867.7 MHz
867.9 MHz
868.1 MHz
868.3 MHz
868.5 MHz

I noticed that this list does not contain 869.525 MHz, which is the default channel for the transmission of downlinks in RX2. Is this because the SX1301_conf is only defining the channels that the gateway is listening in, and for the case of 869.525 MHz the gateway will only transmit in this channel, not receive? Or is the SX1301_conf also supposed to define the channels that the gateway should transmit in?

I ask because, when running my device, I don’t see any use of RX2. IIRC in the Things Network RX2 is only used as a backup, so this should be the intended behaviour, but I’d like to confirm that my gateway would be able to send on 869.525 MHz, if required.

Also, I’ve noticed that on a join, TTS modifies the RX_DELAY for my device from 1s to 5s. Could anyone point me to where in the LNS implementation that the decision process for this is performed?

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I did a search of the forum but was unable to find an answer for this.

Yes, 100% the case.

Perfect, thanks very much!

5s is the new standard, mostly due to allow packet brokers time to broker the packets and very small amount as many other providers do too.

Quite where it is in the code can be your voyage of discovery!