TTN v3 - Community vs Paid Cloud accounts

Hello:
I’m looking at the TTS stack offering and I see that TTI offers the Cloud (paid) version, besides the community (free) edition, with of course some advantages.

What is not clear to me, how to distinguish between these two options (besides of course of putting the credit card details…), as it seems the portal access looks almost the same?

For example, for the community edition, the portal is;
https://eu1.cloud.thethings.network/console/

and it looks to me that for the paid version, they add a <tenant_id> in front of it, like;
https://myaccount.eu1.cloud.thethings.network/console/

Is this the case?

So, how do you sign-up for one or the other? What is the login page for each one?
I’m kind of confused about these two offering as in fact the community edition is not actually mentioned in the TTN v3 Stack offering…

My confusion started trying to launch the AWS integration for v3, which BTW I’m not sure if it works for the community edition?

Thanks
Gus

They are the same software stack but deployed on different servers with different levels of SLA.

If you want to sign up for The Things Network, the community offering, you follow the first link.

If you want a private Network, Application & other server components, then there is a Buy Now button at the bottom of Subscription Management for the cloud option.

If you want to run it on AWS, then you provision a server on AWS with the TTI V3 Stack option.

The other two options you have to email in.

Having a private instance means that TTN gateways won’t provide coverage for your devices. The V3 stack can route packets out to TTN if you so desire, which would allow any TTN device to utilise your gateways.

Alternatively you can install the Open Source edition. As I understand it, it can be run as a TTN stack but I think it’s early days for that.

What are you trying to do?

Hi @descartes

We are working on a LoRaWAN module to integrate to our platform in AWS. We are interested in the TTI v3 Stack, but we don’t want to deploy our own Network server as we will put our focus on our business core) and potentially signup to the paid version but since the minimum is 1000 devices, we will start with the community edition until things (hopefully) ramp up…

So, I was investigating the options and AWS integration and these questions came up.
BTW, the only community instance is eu1 right? I saw nam1 (USA) somewhere but I guess this is not up…

Thanks for the clarifications.
Regards;
Gus

There are differences between the commercial offering and the community edition with regards to integrations. The commercial offering provides push to (among others) AWS IoT. Due to scaling issues this option is not available in the community edition.
In your case I would contact TTI to discuss your requirements and the available options.