Things Node to IMST Iu880b communication

Hello,

I have received a couple of Things Node and IMST Iu880b USB sticks.

I want to set up one Node to send messages and read them on a PC (using the IMST iu880b module).
I read the documentation, but I couldn’t figure out how to set up the two devices.
From what I could understand, I will need a piece of software that would read HCI messages received from the iu880b module (maybe it can be another way). I am not sure how should I configure the two.

Are these two pieces of hardware compatible with one another? Is what I want, achievable? Any pointers on how to achieve this would be helpful.

This is my first interaction with LoRa and radio communication, and I am a bit lost.

Thanks,
Claudiu

You have received two end-devices, for which there is rather a lot of articles on this forum & Google to be found.

It is technically possible for them to be programmed so they can talk to each other, but that wouldn’t be LoRaWAN or TTN, which is what we do here.

If you have access to a gateway and your use case doesn’t need too much two-way communication, then you have a viable LoRaWAN solution.

Thanks. I thought that the iu8800b module could work as a gateway. At least now I know what to search.