The WORKBENCH part 2

Yes the USB is required for the touch interface, but when not using touch a single (HDMI) cable can often be handy in temporary setups. Less clutter on the desk and the display stays into position more easily.

It has been a while since I tried the touch interface on my 5" HDMI display (use it for general purposes).
I found it not very usable for common Raspbian desktop tasks so never use it for that.
(IIRC some discrepancy or impossibility with double-clicks and/or tap-and-hold for opening context menu’s. It did not do what I preferred it to do / common behavior, this was similar when trying it as a secondary display on a Windows PC).

ok tnx

gui

I want to ‘convert’ it into an input device… displaying nice buttons and graphs ,it’s indeed to small to use it as a ‘normal’ hdmi screen (I have that with '7 to)
this one should work in a mobile device one day …

Before soldering it on the backplane I tested the actual voltage drop on the gateway:

dcdc-003

So we loose 0.025v - I’m good with that.
(The on-board voltmeter is lower because there is a voltage drop in-between)

1 Like

code

5 Likes

Prototype of a shield for TTN UNO that students will use in IoT class using LoRaWAN and TTN

afbeelding

3 Likes

4 x rgb led
2 x rotary
2 x non latched button
2 x extension (I2C ?) connectors
just guessing …nice !

Nice try but: no.

2x potmeter connected to analog input
2x pushbuttons
4x leds (2x red, 2x green)
1x Dallas one wire temperature sensor (you need something real there)
4x Grove connector.

Using the shield library you can generate any value between preset limits by rotating the potentiometer. This is to simulate any sensor students require. Not on the picture but comes with it: a library to generate signals like sine, cosine, rectangle, square, and sawtooth shaped signals.

Great fun to make because it makes you think about LoRaWAN usage.

1 Like

@pe1mew Did not know you can buy Grove connectors to fit to a PCB. Can you share the source? Nice work by the way

after some mistakes in China (grove == jst :sunglasses:) I buy them locally

NL - https://www.kiwi-electronics.nl/grove-universal-4-pin-connector-10-pack?search=grove%20connector&description=true

1 Like

Those are the ones I ordered. :sunglasses:

Any idea of the JST part number or the connector family its from?

wanted to say that GROVE IS NOT EQUAL to JST (!=) and I’ve made some mistakes ordering from China in the past, they look equal… even the size, but won’t fit

@BoRRoZ, I came to a similar conclusion. Ended up making I2C connection on my nodes with something similar but not exactly the same as Grove. Prefer to use a connector which is at least dual sourced to ensure long term availability.

Grove system is a modular, standardized connector prototyping system, if you use grove you can easily connect many different devices through that same connector.
That’s different for a production PCB were JST is cheaper in quantities and don’t have to switch sensors.

lol

winning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::partying_face:

1 Like

Yes, ‘standardized’ but proprietary (and expensive).

1 Like

’ relative ’ expensive… ideal for starters :sunglasses:

You see the same thing happening with other big names :

adafruit circuit pyhon products - https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-circuitpython/featured_products
sparkfun Qwiic Connect System - https://www.sparkfun.com/qwiic

also possible is that you use the connectors/cables and make your own ‘grove’ boards
x556

ttn-merychristmas

’ HO HO HO ’ my SNR is low :rofl:

2 Likes

AAmeeting

2 Likes

they are travelling more then 10000 km… little sturdy GPS antennas ! :hugs:

gps2
thank you Phang !

1 Like