Problems with draigno lg02

Hello,

I’ve been trying to connect dragino’s LG02 to the things network and i’ve been having problems with it.

I’ve been following the steps shown on this site, but I still can’t connect my gateway.
https://www.thethingsindustries.com/docs/gateways/concepts/adding-gateways/

I’m using these settings

The EUI is blank because I deleted a gateway before and when I were trying to recreate it, a error message was shown: this gatewaay already exists

Thank you

DONT! This isnt a LoRaWAN Gateway and should not be used on TTN as disruptive to other users (and a problem for you) and non compliant. Even Dragino’s website tells you for propriertay LoRa only uses not LoRaWAN. This often come up (2nd or 3rd case in last couple of weeks) so even a cursory search on the Forum would have told you this. Get a simple low cost 8 Channel Full LORaWAN GW and try again (Dragino offer several or even use the TTIG as a low cost option), whatever disconnect this SCPF/DCPF from the network.

I only have this gateway right now. I was trying to send some data from sensors (accelerometers etc) to this gateway then visualize on my notebook.

May-be you can use it as Lora gateways with Lora nodes. LG02 will not work with TTN.

They can also be adapted to use as LoRa/LORaWAN NODES once you have a LoRaWAN Gateway so your investment should not be a total waste :slight_smile:

You do not have a gateway, you have a dual node device. It is clear on the Dragino website that these are not suitable for LoRaWAN. You need to buy an actual gateway to proceed.

As well as the clear indication on the Dragino website, a cursory search of this forum, directly or via Google would clearly explain why they are not gateways and as such do not allow LoRaWAN devices to work correctly.

As they are disruptive to the community network, to be clear, they will potentially stop other legitimate users from being able to receive data from their devices, you need to do something else. We only support LoRaWAN on this forum but you could look to the Arduino forum for assistance on LoRa point to point.

If your tutor at Universidade Federal de Sergipe is unclear why this is an issue, she/he can contact us directly on the forum. I’d note that there does not seem to be a community gateway hosted by the university so it is rather odd that they ask a student to do a project for something they do not demonstrate expertise.

I know this is hard news and there are clear sympathies with the economic situation.

Closing this topic as there is nothing more that can be done to assist.