Problem connecting RisingHF RHF1S001 temperature node

Hi,

I just started exploring LoRa and bought my first sensor node, the RisingHF RHF1S001.
Together with the owner of the local gateway I got the sensor node connected to the gateway, but I never recieved any data.

After managing the connection to the gateway in my data-tab I saw this:
data
It looks like my dev addr changes everytime. This was the first and only time I saw something in my data-tab.

After this I changed the transmit period to a longer upload interval; I probably didnt get data because of the high upload frequency. Hereafter, the device didnt make connection to the gateway anymore (I tried changing it back to the old transmit period).

Also in my console the dev addr is changing.
console2

When I flash this new dev addr to my device (and I checked if the settings are changed after flashing - they do) and disconnect the device, the dev addr is probably changed.
If I connect the device again to my computer, and i check the settings, the dev addr is mirrored to what I flashed before.
I tried this multiple times, with different dev addresses and this will always happen.
Flashing the dev adrr mirrored doesnt work either haha (dev addr will be right then, but still no connection to the gateway or data in console).

My config-file:
config-file
Manual sensor node:
[RHF-DS01588]Outdoor IP64 Tempratrure and Humidity LoRaWAN Sensor RHF1S001_V1.4.pdf (906.8 KB)
Manual flashing:
[RHF-AN01519]RCFG Tool Usage_V1_1.pdf (1.1 MB)

Futhermore I tried to upgrade the firmware of the sensor node, this didnt make a difference either :frowning:

Can anyone help me what to do?

Best

Hi,

I suggest you start all over to get back to the situation in your first screenshot.
That was working 100% I think
payload decoder example : Decoder for RisingHF rhf1s001

• So to start from scratch delete the device from the application.

• Delete the application.

• Create a new application (change the name for example : huygen_sensor_netw )

• Create a new OTAA device (change the name for example : temp_sensor )

see https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/devices/registration.html

program your node with the generated keys

• test application - leave console browser window open !

Thank you very much!

I now have the sensor ‘working’ again.
Although, I’m not receiving any data.
And again my dev adrr is changing all the time.
data2
It changed also in my console, probably why my sensor is not working because it is now different then in my device.

Do you you know what might be the problem?

I connected my device to the Cayenne dashboard, no data is showing.

I quickly checked but there seems to be a problem with joining TTN at the moment… you can see that , only lightning but no 'blue response.

don’t change anything… check again soon… some black box is restarted as we speak

it’s working here again (16:38)

otaa%20join
this is what a normal OTAA join looks like in the console, yellow / green / blue

the moment you close this page that data is gone remember that

It’s not working on my end.
data3

But also in my console the dev addr is changing
console4
shouldn’t this code match my dev addr on the config file of my device?

the dev eui will be generated during otaa registration in the console
the result must be programmed in your node

see https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/devices/registration.html

It changes everytime a new ‘lighting-package’ comees in to the dev adrr of that package.
Is that correct?
I changed it a couple of time to the ‘current’ dev addr shown in my console, but nothing changes.

must be the generated json config file.

I don’t know sorry… maybe someone here who owns one of these can help you connecting it to TTN ?

did you try ABP mode ?

The lightning bolt is a OTAA join request. The back-end will reply to the node with a join accept message containing the device address. It looks like the node fails to join which might be caused by it not receiving the join accept packet.

Update, the sensor is working including the decoder.
data5

ABP did the trick, I dont know why it didnt work before with ABP.

well, anyone could resolve it, apart from using ABP mode? I have worked with RisingHF for many times about this issue, they said it is TTN problem in OTAA mode.