Place a 6Db antenna for a gateway using tv antenna pole

Hi there, I’m pretty noob here but i managed myself to build my first app using a mikrotik lora wan 8 gateway. the thing is that the gateway is on a mast in my garden (4m high) but I need to place it higher to gain some extra coverage (now it’s just 300m arround the house). I’ve also bought a +6Bd gain antenna (mikrotik lora antenna) and the idea is to place the kit (gateway + antenna) on the roof but the only way to place it is using the TV antena pole; taking into account the interferences, does it worth to place the antenna in the roof or the interferences will ruin the extra coverage? It would be placed at the top of the pole above the tv antenna horns but still close to them.

Inked413565_antenatv_LI

Here you are the antenna model; TV in Europe goes from 471.25 Mhz to 860.75 Mhz whereas Lora operation freq. is set to 868Mhz

Thank you in advance

I would recommend to put the antenna on the top of the antennapole and mount the TV- antenna a little bit deeper. The reflector of the TV-antenna will influence the LoRaWAN-antenna if it is to near.

Mount the antenna as high and as free as possible. If you use an amplifier for your TV-antenna a low-pass filter might become necessary. You might overload the amplifier with the nearby LoRaWan-signal which leads to disturbance of the TV-signal.

1 Like

Thanks for the early response! I’m not using an amplifier so I understand that moving the tv set lower in the pole would be enough then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.