No display of the location from the GPS trackers

Hello,

I have registered some ITalks GPS trackers with TTN, which also send data at intervals. Why don’t I see the location of the trackers on the map?
We live on an island. Is it possible to create a map of the island and show all trackers. If yes how??

TTN does not provide a map for devices so you’ll have to be more explicit about which map you mean.

You’ve already been told two ways that others have created a dashboard that shows the location of devices on a map plus suggestions of made-for-you services. How did you get on with them?

Hello Nick, thank you very much for the quick answer.
There is a map from TTN under End Device - Location tab (Set end device location manually). The location of the trackers is sometimes shown here, sometimes not, even though the trackers are sending.
Screenshot 2024-05-23 105732

Hello Nick,
I’m still researching how this is implemented. As I said, everything is new territory for me.
But if this map works correctly under Location, I don’t need any additional maps: then I just click on each device separately

That is used to set the device location manually as LoRaWAN and particularly TTN is not suitable for tracking - asset location is OK. If there was an API to update the device location in the console it would be the documentation. There isn’t, so it won’t. You will need to create your own solution, use a pre-prepared one or commission someone to create one for you.

You should also ensure you are working to the Fair Use Policy - you can’t track anything in real time on TTN and stay in FUP - but you can do asset location.

Thank you very much, it is used to determine the location of trailers, it should be enough for that. We don’t want tracking in real time at all because everything takes place in a limited area.

Actually for several years now, though I sometimes find inconsistent, if you are running the payload decoder in TTN (e.g. to feed on to TTNMapper) and in a known format (e.g. cayenne LPP) then the device console will update with the assets location. Curious if broken I just checked a Dragino LGT92 travelling with me for a few days and can see update of location in East Cheshire (UK) that was sent within the last half hour or so) - if I get time will search forum for when TTI core member announced the capability back in BC? (Before covid!) or @rbney you might try search yourself.

Not that we’ve been trying to reduce the load on the TTN servers for the last year or so to right size it …