New RAK832 Concentrator Module based on SX1308

http://www.rakwireless.com/en/RAK832

4 Likes

yes sure RAK I will betatest with pleasure :yum:

* I realize now… what software to run ?

1 Like

I thought the SX1308 was drop-in compatible with the SX1301, so the usual concentrator software should work?

1 Like

That’s something I’ll gladly test :smile:

1 Like

Hope be one of the first five lucky draw.

Cool, ashamed last application of the other sections of the board is not a good application.

Great, tested my luck today
regarding performances, it should be interesting to see price difference between 2 boards, if it’s matter of $20 not sure I’ll get 1308 instead of 1301 :wink:

see temperature range …are you gonna use it indoors or outdoors

Yes that is exactly that. SX1301 looks better on all points, so I expect SX1308 price worth some lost :wink:

Since RAK831 is $120 and RAK832 should be approx $35 less (based on SX130x chip price difference on digikey) this could bring us RAK832 at $85 (and lucky EU guys will get them at €70 as USD/EU parity today)
For indoor, testing and dev, I’ll buy for sure RAK832, and place it on my PCB for small GW :wink:

For production I’ll use only SX1301 since I’ll have no limitation.

Anyway, we need to wait for official price from RAK and beta testers :wink:

2 Likes

wow nice GW Charles !

Thanks, need some tweaking on component placement and holes to see RAK TX/RX leds (and time to assemble and test)
Also ordered some samtec connectors to avoid soldering PI Zero on Shield and just have a press and fit connector as the one on Sense hat but with PTH

1 Like