New LoRa Vision Shields from Arduino

The LoRa Vision Shields from Arduino snaps onto the 2x80 pin connectors on the PortentaH7 $100 USD dual core board. These are brand new Machine Learning capable boards but I am not sure if the supporting software is ready. Has anyone else got them working well yet.

I seem to be having basic TheThingsNetwork connection issues, both using the Arduino C++ language and with OpenMV microPython.

I am a newbie to LoRa but not to micro-controllers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am fine with concepts like deviceEui, appEui and appKey.

You might want to check LoRa powered solutions running machine vision algorithms - Sebastian Romero (Arduino) - YouTube

1 Like

LOL, small world I just asked Sebastion the same question on facebook. Have not seen the video so I will see if there are any hints of the issue.

Just clued in that Sebastion was using TheThingsStack V3 and I am using TheThingsNetwork V2. That is probably the problem. Question @kersing is there a way to test LoRaWan V3 networks for free or do you have to purchase a plan now?

If you look around the forum you’ll find hundreds of topics from TTN users moving to the V3 stack …

ie, no subscription necessary.

1 Like

Thanks @descartes I am absolutely new to LoRa, but not new to tech. I searched and did not find much about free conversions from v2 to v3. I am fine starting fresh with V3 but would like no monthly bill.

Really interested as I have just spent $100s on gateways and devices and I could probably make my own cloud server since V3 is open source, but my reasons for coming to TTN was for the simplicity.

I make tech videos.

1 Like