LoRa32u4 ii "USB device not recognized"

Dear all,
I am trying to establish connection with gateway via LoRa32u4 ii module. After uploading LMIC-Arduino ttn-abp sketch to the modules Windows 7 started to show " USB device not recognized" message. I am 100 % sure that modules were in tact before. Please let me know if you have any idea how to fix the problem. Thank you in advance. Regards.

So the module was working and now its not.

What happened or changed that caused it to stop working ?

I would first try the modules on another PC.

LoRaTracker thank you very much for reply.
I tried different computer, result is the same.
Let say, modules are not dead but computer can not recognize them as Feather 32u4 (computer actually can not install drivers) but sometimes when I push RST button on module, drivers are installing and computer can recognize modules but unfortunately just for a few seconds. Then again there is message " USB Device not recognized"
Thank you.
Regards.

1 Like

Does the sketch you uploaded disable the USB port to safe power?

So what was the answer to this question ?

“What happened or changed that caused it to stop working ?”

Did you upload a particular sketch and the board then stopped being recognised ?

Kersing thank you for reply.
This is good question. I have to check.
I tried Arduino Uno at the same USB port and it worked without any problem. I uploaded drivers for LoRa32u4 again but in vain. USB ports are working without any problem for other devices except LoRa32u4. I think sketch is responsible for such behaviour.
Thank you very much.

LoRaTracker, my humble opinion is that sketch is responsible for the problem. I tried modules yesterday ( I tried them for distance) , one module was sending “hello” to receiver and they were ok. But after uploading new sketch problem appeared.
Thank you.

its the basic working of the used MCU on that board, the 32U4.

That chip uses a virtual com port, the same 'problem occures with the TTN node sometimes.
solution can be to set the arduino IDE to verbose output during upload

file/preferences/ and check

then upload your sketch holding down the reset button.
now when you see the compiler searching for a com port release the reset

4 Likes

Hello BoRRoz and thank you for advice. I will check it. But let me ask you, why it happened after uploading sketch? Because before I used modules at the same computer without any problem. Is there any kind of bug in the sketch or ?
Thank you very much.

if you use another USB device after you’ve had this board connected, next time it will try use a different com port.

Dear BoRRoz thank you very much.
I did as you said and it is working. Thank you. If you ever would travel to Lisbon, let me know, please))))
Thank you all. Regards.

1 Like