How to configure a Lora Node using Dragino shield and Uno

Greetings all, I’m an engineering student working on a smart solid waste management system project in Africa, Zambia. I need help in suggestions of what route to take to configure a Dragino shield of operating frequency;433 MHz attached to an arduino uno for broadcasting of sensor data.
IMG_2407
I want to know if there’s a different pin configuration of the shield as compared to the one attached. I would appreciate if anyone could help because I can’t progress to connecting it to the gateway for LoRaWAN if it can’t broadcast while using the arduino uno.

Gateways working on 433MHz are quite rare, so before investing time on the shield with Uno, you need to get end device hardware that matches up with your gateway frequencies.

There is unlikely to be a different pin configuration unless there are different variations of the shield but they are documented by Dragino.

Your other challenge will be getting LMIC to fit in to the flash memory of the Uno.

Perhaps the flash memory is what is limiting Dragino shield pin configuration. I would appreciate your advise on how to go about it. Despite writing the code in arduino ide to configure the shield to atleast broadcast, it’s like the shield is not working…

They are not dependent on each other, ie, no!

However if you are able to compile for the Uno, it means you are using an older LMIC.

But mostly you have skipped over main issue - a 433MHz shield will only be heard by a 433MHz gateway and you don’t appear to have checked what frequencies your gateway is using.

I’m using a compatible gateway the RAK7268V2 suitable for the 433 MHz band.

My most concern is how I can verify if the shield can broadcast with its antenna connected showing broadcasts on the arduino ide serial monitor :pray:. Before connecting it to the gateway

The picture shows no useful information - just a box of plastic.

Is it actually 433MHz as that channel plan is only for EU …

And when you say “a Dragino shield”, can you confirm the model number with a link to the website - do not post a picture of more plastic

Dragino shield featuring LoRa technology SX127X

Arduino Shield featuring LoRa® technology.

Only infor on the gateway besides knowing it’s band of operation are
Product: WisGate
Model: RAK7268v2

As 433MHz operation is very rare, how do you know its band of operation - is there a sticker or label that confirms this or did you purchase it yourself? Or were you just told it’s 433MHz?

Have you got it registered on the TTN console?

What evidence is there that you have a 433MHz version?

What happens when you use the pinmap that you quoted in your first post? Where did you get that pinmap? Does it match with the documentation for the shield? Does it match with other similar topics on the forum asking for help with this shield and LMIC?

Which version of LMIC are you using? Where did you get it from?

How have you implemented the EU433 channel plan for LMIC?

Please try to give more information about what you’ve done and what you see so we can get you some help sooner.

1 Like

The specifications do state it support EU433.

So besides the nodes you build there are very few commercial available nodes on the market for 433.

Nearly every thing you want to do you are going to need to build the hardware.

For the gateway, I logged into the WisGate admin account with a provided ip address(192.168.230.1)for the gateway. On the details of the device, it shows that it’s specifically made to operate in the aforementioned frequency band.
And yes, I got it registered on the TTN console a week ago

There are 6 other questions you need to answer to move this forward.