How can multiple users get data from the same node?

I have a node and I want multiple users to be able to get data from it and send it to their own server.

Right now I’m using Node-RED to get the data from TTN and send it to an InfluxDB database. That works fine as long as I’m only using one TTN node for the device:

If another user tries to use the same TTN node to also forward the data to their own server, it doesn’t work because one of the TTN nodes will disconnect the other one if they are the same. I guess you can’t connect to a device more than one time. Is it possible to somehow register the same device on different user accounts, and then the TTN node would be different and they’d hopefully all work simultaneously? What is the proper way for doing this?

Ideally I’d like to be able to give out the TTN credentials for any particular node and let other users get data from it directly. As far as I can tell right now, it appears you are only allowed to register a device on one TTN profile, and you are only allowed to connect one Node-RED TTN node to that one device, and therefore the one owner of that device has to manage everything. I was hoping I could tell someone, “sure use my sensor data, just enter these credentials and the data will be forwarded right to you!” Right now, I’d have to modify my Node-RED setup every time and add an extra influxdb node for their server, for every single node I want to give them access to.

You authorize for application data, not node data. So providing data for a single node to multiple subscribers and data for another one to other subscribers is not supported by TTN.

You could implement your own MQTT instance and republish data there. Should be possible on the smallest (might even be free) cloud instances at IBM and Azure.