Gateway for 919 to 923 MHz

Anyone know which gateway available in market allows us to modify the LoRa frequency of 125kHz to operate at 919 to 923 MHz?

@ChunYeow Thanks for asking this in the forum. I was thinking to ask similar question too. :smile:

I guess the US version gateway (915MHz) would be the one that we could modify to operate at 919 to 923 MHz. If you check LoRaWAN specification, the US version gateway is capable to operate at 902-928 MHz. So, no problem from the hardware point of view (pls correct me if I am wrong).

There is a good list of other countries that use bands around 915 MHz:

Countries Supporting Sub-Bands of 915MHz?

Does anyone here has a try to modify the gateway to operate at slightly different frequencies?

Thanks!

The frequencies used by the gateways are specified in the global_conf.json configuration file, so ‘modifying’ a gateway is done by modifying the configuration file. TTN currently provides configurations for US and AU. Others configurations will undoubtedly follow when required/available/supported (by the back-end).

The US version gateway (915MHz) operates at 902 to 928 MHz. So, no need for modification.

The two or three SAW filters used in gateways: TA1561A @ 915 Center (26 MHz Bandwidth 902-928 MHz) cover the band.

And the low-pass filter: 0915LP15B026E – Low Pass Filter, GSM/CDMA 915 MHz, 0.5dB IL,
SMD (915 Radio) is tuned to cut the 1st and 2nd harmonics of a 915MHz signal, but will cut the harmonics for a 919 to 923 MHz signal as well.

I am aware of that. Which gateway has been tested using this config file?

Yes, it would be great if the TTN gateway can do this.

Anyone knows whether this is supported?

By the way, once we have the gateway doing so. How about the sensors? Any suggestions?

if you don’t mind me asking,

Which country uses 919 to 923MHz ISM band?

It’s Malaysia.

My single channel IoT gateway in KL, runs on 923.xx MHz. Got help setting it up