Gateway EUI is not registered

Hi,
I am a newbie on LoRa TTN.
I am trying to register an indoor gateway.
I connected it to my WiFi network and the green LED is constantly lit.
But when trying to register it on TTN I get an error message

Claim gateway

error
Submit failed
Gateway EUI 58A0CBFFFEXXXXXX is not registered

What am I supposed to do?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Lupo

Claim the gateway, like the message says.

Link to documentation bottom-right of the console.

Hi @descartes Nick,
can you please help and share the link to the documentation how to claim the module?
Or a step-by-step guide for a newbie?
Thanks in advance

Every single console page.

@Lupo; Are you trying to claim a TTIG or some other gateway?

I am trying to connect a The Things Indoor Gateway.
Accoring to the documentation I need to run command line with CLI?
It appears to be far too complicated for a TTN starter.
Is there an easy way to proceed?

Its should tell you to follow a simple 3 step process per the attached diagramme

1. Log into you console page - eui1 for europe, nam1 for north america, au1 for australia or where ever…

2. Select Gateway tab/option

3. Select Claim Gateway option…then follow rest of instruction/your nose :slight_smile:

No need to involve CLI at this point…as it can all be done in the Web GUI…

Good luck…and as Nick tells you - read the documentation…accessing the docs is made very easy so we dont need to guide people through the process…

Hi Jeff,
thanks for your support.
I have done what you have described above.
But today I get the following error message:

#### Submit failed
Claim authentication code mismatch

I entered the first three alpha-numerical pairs of the EUI then FF.FE and then the remaining three pairs of the EUI.
For the claim authentication code I entered the WiFi password printed on The Things Indoor Gatway.

What am I doing wrong here?

???

The EUI will already be of a form you can/should use - where are you being told to do the FF:FE padding?

IME EUI will typically be of the form 58A0C… and will most often be shown under a QR code on device lable. Alternatively put the TTIG into config mode → access its WiFi AP → log into its Web GUI (192.168.4.1) and look near bottom of the page - the EUI is shown there - simply copy and paste into Console claim page so no mistakes or fat-finger issues putting correct data in, reboot TTIG to get it back on line in normal mode…also double double check you have typed the WiFi code (aka Claim code) in correctly - its easy to swap or mis-identify characters…I find using mobile phone to take picture of label then zoom in helps my tired eyes! :wink:

Cool, you’ve found the documentation site - you’ll find detailed instructions in the Gateway section.

It’s all there for @Lupo to read:

#prerequisites…forgot that - my most recent claims have all been V2 V3 migrations so I just copy/pasted :blush: at least I remembered it was near the QR code!

Now all I need is a way to claim my remote TTIG’s where I don’t have access to the WiFi codes so I can finish the migrations before Dec1!..

@lupo I assume you used FFFE, FF:FE, or FF FE as appropriate and that a spurious ‘.’ Hasn’t thrown off your data entry?

Yes. I typed in FFFE.
But in the entry form it looks like as if it were devided into eight pairs.
I also did the photo and enlarged it to unmistakenly read the correct code - as my eyes are probably as tired as yours :face_with_monocle:
Still no luck.

That’s just how it displays it - you just type in the info, nothing more, nothing less.

But now you are on claiming, you will be getting a different set of error messages - so to be able to help further, we’ll need to see what you are seeing.

Some TTIGs, depending on how they were sourced, may not be in the database but that was resolved months back.

But just in case, where (vendor & country) and when did you buy it?

That might well be.
I got it from my nephew who got it from a friend … real source unknown.

What would I need to do to get it running?

I am in Germany

Ask @benolayinka to look in to the under-the-hood details.

I have sent @benolayinka a PM

@benolayinka hasn’t responded, yet…
Is there anybody else who could have a look at the under-the-hood details?

I’ve used the big pager button