Downlink from TagoIO

Dear Team,

I am trying to send a DL from TagoIO and my downlink reaches the TagoIO successfully. But, during the time of execution of the DL another DL appears with port 0. Don’t know from where it occurs.

Below image for your reference

Can any one help me on this.

This DL from port 0 replaced my downlink coming from the TagoIO and my command is not getting executed.

Port 0 is used by LoRaWAN to communicate settings back & forth between the device & servers, if a device isn’t responding or properly acknowledging a request, it will be resent as the server has no way of knowing if the downlink has been received or not.

What is the device and is it on OTAA or ABP?

If you are debugging this on v2, please consider that this won’t be possible in 10 days time.

Dear Descartes,

Thank you for the information.

My device is communicating using OTAA and i and testing this in TTN-v2.

So, if i try this in TTI/TTS it won’t occur?

Very incredibly hard to say because you didn’t tell me what the device is!

But I do know that you won’t be able to do any further testing from 30th June.

Dear Descartes,

My device is Strega Smart Valve.

Why you are capitalising my name each time??

As we can’t see the little icons on the left hand side, I’m assuming you’ve scheduled a request on port 13 with a payload of 31?

Yes you are right, I do schedule the downlinks on ports with its values.

Here its port 13 with payload 31.

Interestingly, in v2, you can schedule a downlink on port 0.

And it appears that’s what’s going on here - counting from the bottom using an index of 1 (I’d use times, but we can’t see them):

Line 2 shows a port 13 downlink schedule with payload 31
Line 4 shows it being sent (I think, hard to tell, can’t see the left hand column)
Line 5 shows a port 0 downlink scheduled with payload 31
Line 7 shows it being sent.

Rather than sending the downlink via TagoIO, can you try it directly on the console to see what occurs.

And if you are posting a screen shot, include the icon & time column.

Ok i will check by sending a downlink directly from the console.

Here is the full screen shot for your reference. This i have regenerated it now.

Let me check from the console and will let you know the result

Thank you

I have sent a DL using the console, when sending using console i don’t get an DL scheduled on port 0 and it works fine.

What might be the issue? why does port 0 occurs when sending a DL from TagoIO?

Don’t know - hopefully someone else could chime in with that but as I’ve hinted at a few times now, v2 is about to go read-only so if there is an issue with the integration, it may become unfixable quite quickly.

Is there a TagoIO forum to ask?

ok fine. Yes there i is a TagoIO forum. But there is no output coming from their platform, because there is an option to monitor the DL send from their platform and i have checked in that and didn’t find any value send on port 0.

Anyhow will check with TagoIO team regarding this and will also check the functionalities with the TTI and TTS.

Thank you for your support

Hi descartes,

I have tested with the TTI/TTS the same occurs.

I am getting a downlinkon port 0, but in TTI/TTS that DL on port 0 occurs after each uplink.

Image attached for your reference.

What might be the solution for this?