Cisco Gateway - Cisco Software for LoRaWAN Gateway

Hi all,
I’m new for this forum.
I will buy a gateway. Probably a Cisco gateway. I’ve a quote for it.
The seller has made a quote for SW-IXM-LPWA-K9 - Cisco Software for LoRaWAN Gateway too?

Is this “Cisco Software for LoRaWAN Gateway” mandatory?

Can I configure the Cisco Gateway fot TTN Network without the “Cisco Software for LoRaWAN Gateway”?

Actual, I’ve bought a refurbished Kerlink Wirnet Station station gateway, but it seems closed. I can’t configure it for TTN network :sweat:

I’m sorry but I’m new for the Lora World :blush:

Thanks

Roberto

• why did you made that choice ?

Because Cisco is already a supplier for my company and at present I’ve a quote for it.
I’m waiting a quote for Kerlink too.
I bought already a refurbished Kerlink station for a first test but I don’t have access to it.

Yes you need the software license. I suggest you reach out to Cisco and/or Kerlink to discuss your requirements in more detail as these products are worlds apart.

Hi @Sandgroper,

thanks for your response.

The first my chooise has been Refurbished Kerlink 868 wirnet station. Unfortunaly it’s not accessible for TTN configuration and at present I should finisch some tests.

I could open an other topics for this problem.

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/cisco/

Hi @BoRRoZ,

Can I ask you if this Cisco can connect to TTN network easily like the kerlin?
Is Cisco gateway compatible with all Lora devices?
Should I know if exists particular problems with Cisco gateway?

sorry no idea… it’s relative expensive professional equipment you want to buy.
and I gave you the set up link https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/cisco/setup.html

Hi, Roberto,

Glad to see the 1st question to Cisco V2 LoRaWAN gateway. Yes the software is mandatory which provide IP connectivity and device management features as described in its datasheet.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks

Jun

Cisco GW hardware supports spectrum of 902-928MHz and 863-870Mz in skus. For the compatibility to LoRa sensors, it is also depending on the back-end NS. So your inquires matter the capability of TTN NS here.

Jun

Hi @junwen,

thanks for your response.

What do you mean for ‘capability’?

Roberto

That means if TTN NS can be compatible to all the LoRa devices.

Jun

Thank you @junwen.

If we will buy this gateway, then I will write about it.

Ciao. :slight_smile:
Roberto

Sue. Jun