TTN Tracker Locator - see where a GPS tracker is located relative to your location

Hey Emmanuel,

I haven’t used this project for some time, so I don’t know if it is still working.
I know that Heroku discontinued their free app hosting tier, so it might not be a surprise that the CORS proxy is not working. You might be able to plug a url of another CORS proxy or host your own. It is a popular open source package IIRC.
Even with a proxy, there might be version changes that would break it. Nick mentioned something about V2 vs V3 TTN APIs. I don’t know about that but you can try and let us know.
I am not available to check or fix the project in the next few weeks. It is open for forks and PRs if somebody wants to bring this up to date.

Arik.

1 Like

https://corsproxy.io/ works OK, but the API call has definitely changed.

Mr @Moimeme has no interest in becoming a web developer. I find the really kickass Embedded Developers take control over the whole eco-system end to end so nothing gets in the way of success!

If I find a moment I’ll put in a PR if you can commit that if you are around to do that. Please confirm so I can schedule a bit of time.

1 Like

Thank you for your explanations Arik.

Thank you for the corsproxy.io

Please stop giving me intentions that I don’t have: I don’t know much about web development but I don’t want somebody do the work for me. I actually tryed for a few hours before posting on this forum.
Please stop bullying me. I just want to learn a thing or two in a field that I don’t master

1 Like

I could do that. A fix for new API will be appreciated.

Hi,
As an update: I am learning how to get data from the TTN API. (I prototype with Node-RED).
I (successfully) pull data from the mqtt ttn server.
I also managed to have results from the storage API but there are some things that I not fully understand yet (Work In Progress)
So, definitively, the v3 API should be used.

1 Like