The LIBRARY basement part 6

Cabin Spacey offers ‘pay-as-you-live, location-independent’ prefab homes

If you invent a breakthrough in artificial intelligence, so machines can learn, that is worth 10 Microsofts.” — Bill Gates

“The opportunity we have is to build a secure, intelligent platform that solves some of the world’s greatest problems at scale. That’s what’s possible with hundreds of billions of connections and the capabilities that we can deliver together.” — Chuck Robbins

“And just like any company that blissfully ignored the Internet at the turn of the century, the ones that dismiss the Internet of Things risk getting left behind.” — Jared Newman

“If you think that the internet has changed your life, think again. The Internet of Things is about to change it all over again!” — Brendan O’Brien

“I think we should be very careful about artificial intelligence. If I had to guess at what our biggest existential threat is, I’d probably say that. So, we need to be very careful.” — Elon Musk

“When we talk about the Internet of Things, it’s not just putting RFID tags on some dumb thing, so we smart people know where that dumb thing is. It’s about embedding intelligence so things become smarter and do more than they were proposed to do.” — Nicholas Negroponte

“Despite continued security problems, the IoT will spread and people will become increasingly dependent on it. The cost of breaches will be viewed like the toll taken by car crashes, which have not persuaded very many people not to drive.” — Richard Adler

“What the Internet of Things is really about is information technology that can gather its own information. Often what it does with that information is not tell a human being something, it [just] does something.” — Kevin Ashton

“One cubic inch of nanotube circuitry, once fully developed, would be up to one hundred million times more powerful than the human brain.” — Ray Kurzweil

“As the Internet of things advances, the very notion of a clear dividing line between reality and virtual reality becomes blurred, sometimes in creative ways.” — Geoff Mulgan

“The Internet of Things is not a concept; it is a network, the true technology-enabled Network of all networks.” — Edewede Oriwoh

“Everything that can be automated will be automated.” — Robert Cannon

Don’t be evil - Wikipedia

Training TensorFlow Object Detection Models

ttn_nimes

Re Chinese wire, Yep, whilst dangerous to lump a whole economy together and (his post) may come across as (a bit) jingoistic, even xenophobic as there are are good & bad actors in all cases and always people looking to cut corners or blatantly cheat if they can make a quick $\¥\€\£ have to say I have seen several instances of passing off substandard wire as full standard or premium. Reminds me of mid-late '00’s when copper was priced high and I was heavily involved in networking/comms infrastructure we found lots of ‘cheap’ cat5/cat5e & even cat 6 ‘copper’ & even known/branded product where cable filament was being switched for copper plated aluminium and other stuff. Even had one case where some lines were true full copper but the rest were only plated! All in same outer sleeve. Still see occasional reels of bad stuff…typically low priced ‘new old stock’ on eBay. Recommend always check what you buy and make a big fuss including notifying selling ‘platform’ (eBay,amzn, Ali etc.) :sunglasses:

Gonzalo%20Aguilar

aibookcover

In Artificial Unintelligence, Meredith Broussard argues that our collective enthusiasm for applying computer technology to every aspect of life has resulted in a tremendous amount of poorly designed systems. We are so eager to do everything digitally—hiring, driving, paying bills, even choosing romantic partners—that we have stopped demanding that our technology actually work.

arduinoprogrammer
Arduino ISP Programmer for ATmega328P and ATtiny85

110GHz BW, 256GS/s, 10-bit, 4-Channel Real-Time Oscilloscope Teardown :scream:

All boards in the tutorial are out of stock :grin:

1 Like